I really love Vegas. I’ve actually loved it as soon as I watched the Friends Episodes ‘The one in Vegas Parts I & II’ . Something about it just excited me so much. Thanks to the heavens and stars above I was lucky enough to actually go this April. It wasn’t like I expected..It was better. Now, the one question that everyone asks me… ‘Did you gamble??’ My answer is no. I’m not against it or anything, I just didn’t have the time. My friends and I were so busy and in fact still have so many things to check out next time. And so… heres 5 awesome things I did do..and you should do some too.
5 MUST DO’s
1) Check out the Bellagio Fountain Show. Why? because its free but also because its pretty amazing. As the Bellagio put it ” Fall in love with the stunning nature of this unprecedented aquatic accomplishment while relishing a clever concert of opera, classical and Broadway tunes.” The show is shown everyday of the week and during some hours every 15 minutes so there are no excuses to missing out.
2) Take a ride on this bad boy- The High Roller
Officially the worlds tallest observation Wheel the 550ft Tall wheel is a true new landmark of the Las Vegas Strip. Offering fab views over Sin City at day or night, its something that everyone can enjoy ( maybe not so much if not a fan of heights) Tickets are $26.95 during the day and $36.95 at night. I went during the day due to time constrictions. I imagine night would be better.. In fact I know. The day time though is still pretty rad.
3) See the Cirque du Soleil. The Vegas Hotels actually offer a few, but I visited The Aria to see Zarkana! The show is family friendly and costs $69. Well worth the magic and creativity seen on stage!! When I went for some reason the theatre was a little cold because of the aircon. Not sure if this is always the case but if so take a jumper. 😉
4) Take your time to explore the hotels and walk carefree along the strip with a yard of alchohol
Okay- that’s kind of two things but I feel they go hand in hand. The hotel shopping malls are amazing and you can literally spend all day in just one. ..Even if you don’t buy anything. We spent our time in the Venetian and Caesers. Both amazing.. both incredibly easy to get lost in.. Which is why walking around with a cool drinking vessel full of slushed alcohol is a must. Vegas is one of few places in America where you can drink on the street. Embrace it. When you leave a bar or restaurant in Vegas they even pour any left over drinks into a plastic cup so you can drink on the move.
5) Saved my favourite till last!
My favourite moment in Vegas was by far our Champagne Limo ride along the strip.. It’s kind of odd because you feel kind of special.. but then everyone does it and there are thousands of limos. Still, its pretty fun and actually a great way to spend a couple of hours, seeing the strip at night. Awesome!
And that’s a wrap. Vegas has so much more to offer than what I’ve just mentioned but these 5 are awesome. Until next time Vegas!